Monday, January 28, 2008

Still.....no baby!

Well, today she said she thinks he's only up to 7.5 lbs. But we're still on track for a 9 lb. baby! YIKES!!!! There's been no change in my cervix and he's just starting to come into the pelvis. So it doesn't look like he'll be making his way out this week. She wants to do another ultrasound next week, if he's still not here, just to check in on him. Unfortunately, I did test positive for Group B Strep. That means that I have to have antibiotics given to me at least 4 hours before delivery so as not to transfer the bacteria to him. It's very common...25-30% of women have it...and is also very treatable if they know about it. So we know and we'll know to get straight to the hospital when I go into labor and especially if my water breaks.

On the dog front...we are horrible parents. We have broken down and gone out and bought a mild shock collar for Sophie. It's amazing how quickly this thing has worked. She almost immediately associated the "un-uh" with the shock and now if you say "un-uh" she turns tail. Of course she also looks at you with these sad beagle eyes. The trick with this is to catch her though. If you're around it works great....if not, not so much. She took one of my shoes and the cordless phone under the bed, where she obviously knows a fat pregnant lady cannot reach them or her! So, we're still working on it, but it is getting better.

Speaking of fat pregnant ladies...I told Dave today when I saw my reflection of the windows at the doctor's office that I have become that hugely pregnant lady who I used to comment about. That sucks! He tried to make me feel better by saying "Only a few more weeks" but you know what? That really doesn't help! I'm still large and obviously not in charge!

No comments: