Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Good Scare!

Well, we got a good scare today. I had a little spotting last night, so this morning I thought I'd call the dr. just to be on the safe side. I figured they'd say just watch it and call if it continues for a few days. But they said come in. They hooked me up to a monitor to see if I was having any contractions and lo and behold...I was. They were coming between 5 and 8 min. apart. I couldn't feel them though. Then they did an exam. I was about 50% effaced with no dilation. They started to get concerned. The dr. wasn't working today (I was dealing with the Nurse Practitioner). So they called her to see what she wanted to do. They said she may have me go to the hospital for continued monitoring. But she wanted me to go upstairs to the ultrasound dr. to have an ultrasound and then see from there. So we got in and had the ultrasound. Connor is still a Connor (thank goodness since everything is blue). He's extremely busy. He made eating motions, stuck his hand in his mouth and then yawned really big. Of course that was after he tried to kick the wand off a number of times. They said everything looked fine with him. He weighs 4 lbs. 13 ounces. We could see fat rolls on the back of his neck and chubby little cheeks. Since there was nothing wrong with him, they put me on 2 days bed rest....still trying to convince Dave that couch-rest is the same thing. I have my regularly scheduled appt. for the 14th and we're just hoping whatever's causing this backs off. They told me to lay off the exercise. Luckily neither of us laughed when they said that. Actually we haven't done too much since we've been on vacation and I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to do less, but I'll try! So keep your fingers crossed for us (we only need to make it 2 more weeks and then he's considered full-term).

1 comment:

Sarah Jean said...

It's possible you may go before me!! We're finally getting everything into place in the nursery, but I still need to finish sub plans, so hopefully our little one will keep cozy for a bit longer. Here's the link to our blog! http://bakersintexas.blogspot.com/