Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dinosaur Train

We are in full dinosaur mode here. Connor is completely obsessed with the show Dinosaur Train. He screams "Dinosaur Train" most of the day hoping I will give in and let him watch the show. Today he tried a different tactic and said "Dinosaur Poop" which is what one of the episodes is comically about. We decided that maybe if we gave him some dinos to play with that would take his mind off the show...nope, it may have made it worse! But each morning when he gets up there's a new dino waiting some where in the house for him to find. It's kind of fun. He can say their names and talks about certain features they have. Today I tried to distract him by helping him make a dinosaur habitat to play in. It didn't work. He stuck his Lightning McQueen car in it, shut it and said "Nigh-night Li-ni-ning!"

This week some of the moms, and one dad, in my MOMS Club started a diet for the entire month of February. We are on teams and get points, up to 100, for following the rules each day. It really makes you accountable to other people. You don't want to let them down or show that you have no will power so I assume that it should work pretty well. Everyone on my team lost over a pound in one day so let's hope we can maintain the success. I have already lost all of my Evan baby weight and am working on my Connor weight. I have 5 pounds to go for my first short term goal(which is down 42 lbs from my highest weight in both pregnancies). My reward will be a new purse...one without granola bar and apple juice at the bottom or diapers hanging out of it! Go Team!

1 comment:

Sarah Jean said...

Great idea to give yourself a much deserved reward! I'd love to meet up to walk at a park, when it's finally warm out! Let me know!