Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Evan is 5 Months..and Sick!

Evan is 5 months old today and 19 pounds! Oh My!

Yesterday when he woke up from his nap he felt warm. I gave him some time to cool down figuring he was just warm with his footie outfit and blanket on, but he never cooled down. So after about 20 min. I took his temperature and it was 103.8. I immediately called the dr and they said come right in. They took blood and urine samples, looked in ears, did a chest x-ray, gave him a shot of antibiotics and three hours later sent us home and told us to come back in the morning. We went back this morning and they said the blood culture came back positive meaning there may be some kind of blood infection. So they took more blood and gave him another shot of antibiotics and told us to come back tomorrow morning. Tomorrow they should be able to tell us what they found in the two blood samples and see if it's really a blood infection or just a false positive. He seems to be feeling fine though. His fever was gone by the time he went to bed last night. The dr saw some fluid in one ear yesterday and said that was better this morning. He seems ok so I'm not freaking out. I really just think it's an ear infection and he may just be one of those kids that gets high fevers. I'll let you know tomorrow!

No comments: