Friday, July 24, 2009

Mommy....Finally!

Connor was sitting quietly in his playroom the other day reading the books in his book bin. Then I went in and he'd taken all the books out and climbed in the bin. Silly boy!

Connor was running around the house in his diaper this afternoon after playing in the pool on the back porch. We started playing with his Elmo towel. I put it on him and then he laid down on the floor face down so he was completely covered by the towel...but of course I couldn't catch that.

Connor has really started talking a lot these days. He now points at me and says "Mommy!" Finally! I've been waiting 17 months for that! He also is starting to do animal sounds. He was only doing woof and moo last week, but now he does neigh, baa and bok. He can also sort of say kitty and bear and sign alligator. It's amazing how much his vocabulary has grown in the last 2 weeks.

Baby #2 has a name now...Evan Michael. He is growing larger and more active every day. I went to the doctor this morning and everything seems to be right on schedule. And I think I'm doing a little better with the weight thing this time around...but of course I started out with additional weight from the last pregnancy. I have 9 weeks to go and 15 lbs until I'm at the weight I was when I delivered Connor. I think that's pretty good...as long as I don't have the swelling I had at the end with Connor.

Sophie has some new friends. The neighbors have 2 new puppies. These puppies are wild and little so they can fit through the wrought iron fence and come in the yard to play with Sophie. She's really pretty good and it's tons of fun to watch!

I finally gave in and took Connor to the doctor on Thursday for the diarrhea. She said she wasn't sure what was causing it, but he hasn't been exposed to any of the places that could cause some of the really bad things, so just keep doing what we've been doing. I was a little more concerned though because he had lost almost 1/2 lb in the last 10 days. But.....of course today he didn't have any blowouts. Still not back to normal but going that way. Just takes paying the copay to make him better!

No comments: