Sunday, July 19, 2009

Animal Sounds!

Connor decided to help put the water bottles away.

This week's project was a crane (hope you could tell). The teacher actually said he hoped I'd come back after the baby was born....I took it as a compliment, but maybe he just felt I need more help than he can give in 3 months. I did ask last week if he'd ever kicked anyone out. He said 2 people. Mostly because they didn't follow his instructions not because of lack of talent....so I figure I'm safe.

Connor started making animal noises this week. He can moo and woof. He can say the word pig but doesn't oink yet. He does love the picture of the pig and usually just kisses it when he sees it. Then I taught him that snakes are yucky, so he says snake (or something close) and then sticks his tongue in and out. He's had a bit of diarrhea this week and we've had a number of blow out's...none as bad as CO. Not sure what's going on. He's still eating and drinking and has no fever so I'm hoping it's a sign of teeth to come. (Oh yeah, he can point to eyes, nose, ears and teeth too.) He even ate a whole entire bowl of edamame last night at dinner...no one else got any. So we're not overly worried...just tired of cleaning him up and doing all the laundry he's creating!

I had my gestational diabetes test on Thurs. That was fun! I went in and they drew my blood. Then I drank the orange junk they gave me. Then they drew my blood every hour for the next 3 hours. The problem is that I only have one good vein for taking blood. So my arms are pretty bruised up from them trying to find other veins. I just say Dave did it to me if anyone asks. Anyway haven't gotten the results yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

I know a lady here in town that had an 11lb baby boy this morning...9 days early! Please, don't let that happen to me! I saw her at the mall yesterday walking around....I guess the walking does help, but come on 11 lbs! How is that even humanly possible?

No comments: