Saturday, December 1, 2007

29 weeks

Well, here I am! Connor is growing everyday. I went to the doctor yesterday and he's getting big and so am I. He's head down and I'm hoping he stays that way. I kind of suspected he was because when he gets the hiccups, about 3 times a day, I can feel them "down under." Everything is right on target and actually they told me I was measuring wrong and my belly is measuring exactly the way the books say it should...it's my butt that's the problem now!

Marley also went to the doctor yesterday. We had to take her to a veterinary internist, who happened to be a beagle owner. She did an ultrasound and found that her kidneys are full of stones. So much so that surgery would do more harm than good. One way of treating them is to change her diet again, but that would trigger her pancreatitis...which we've survived once and are not wanting to repeat. So our option is to put her on some meds for the rest of her life that will hopefully prevent the development of any new stones. So we went to the pharmacy today to fill it. I was a little concerned after the almost $400 vet bill. H-E-B has new drug plan prescription card that we can put the dogs on. It costs $5 to join and then each month we get $5 off her meds...making them $13. So, we're going with the medicine.

Dave's had a rough week. On Thursday morning I burst into tears before work because he had forgotten to turn on the dryer the night before and I had no bra/tank tops to wear and I couldn't find the only pair of jeans that are actually comfortable. Then today is his birthday. I got up early and made a coffee cake. I tried to surprise him with breakfast in bed, but he got up just as I was walking into the bedroom. I made him go lay back down and blow out the candle. Then I let him get up and go to the bathroom, but I took everything back downstairs and started eating without him. Let's hope dinner goes a little more smoothly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rough day. Wow. Those hormones can trigger weird stuff. So sorry to hear about Marley. Poor old girl. I see the Christmas tree is properly protected from Sophie. Good practice for next Christmas with liuttle hands!

Anonymous said...

oh complicated day! you belly is looking great though! beautiful!

Cheers,
Meredith