Sunday, December 9, 2007

Lamaze




Yesterday was our first Lamaze class. The lady changed the name while we were there to "Prepared Childbirth." She talked for 2 hours about what's happening to our bodies. We watched some videos...not too explicit, but she said those are coming next week. We did one breathing exercise, one yoga pose to help with back labor and then 12 MINUTES of silent visualization. That was where I hit my biggest problem. It's hard to relax and see colors wash over you, but when you're huge, on the floor with 20 strangers and about to pee your pants. Only one color is washing over you...YELLOW! I didn't feel like I could get up and go because there were bodies all over the floor and of course we were on the opposite side from the door. I'm not the most graceful person anyway, but add 30 lbs. and limited downward vision and you have the recipe for disaster. So I sat there and looked around and waited for the end. Then took off at a sprint to the RR.
The class did kind of spark us to action though. We went to Target and got some "emergency" baby supplies just in case Connor decides to make an early entrance. We met a lady at Beagle Brigade whose baby decided to make his entrance at 33 weeks and that's only 3 weeks away for us. So it's time to start packing bags and getting ready. We figure this will most definitely ensure that he's late!
Connor is still VERY busy. He kicks and punches all day. This morning when I got up he seems to have moved upward...not too comfy for Mommy! He still gets the hiccups a few times a day. It helps me figure out where he's sitting. The book says he will start gaining 1/2 lb. a week from now on. WOW! Like I'm not large enough.
On Friday I went to the maternity store to buy some nursing bras. That was hard work! I hate bras, but the nursing tank tops are bunchy. The bras are like wearing a protective vest. Their large and armor-like. For a girl who's used to wearing little bras, these suckers are definitely a change.
I've also been busting my butt this weekend to get ready for my Level I Assessment for grad school. I have to write 6 papers. Right now I actually have 5 done. That's amazing considering that I don't have to have them done until Tuesday. Last night I was working on my personal and professional goals. That was surprisingly hard. At this point in my life my professional goals don't really matter. And my personal goals are all tied to being a good mother and wife. So, I was honest about the stage I am in life and I hope that goes over well. I'll let ya know!
BTW, I have tried to edit this post 5 times to get the paragraph breaks in, but they are refusing to cooperate. Sorry if it's hard to read!

No comments: