Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ferber Night 5

Well, I'd have to say that the first two nights were a fluke!

On night 3(Fri. night), he cried for 90 minutes (off and on) in the middle of the night. Dave came home that night and got to experience that. It was rough on everyone. So on Sat. I went and got a massage!

On night 4 (Sat. night), he started into the crying jag around 11:30pm or so and I just couldn't do it anymore. I went and got Dave and then I went into the spare room ALONE, turned off the monitor, turned the fan on high and slept until 6am.

So tonight, night 5, I decided maybe it would be best to move his crib back into his room. We had to be extremely silent or he'd wake up when it was in our room and there's no convincing Dave and Sophie to stop snoring! So we went through the routine and put him in bed. He screamed pretty hard so after 5 min. I went in. I was rubbing his belly and trying to give him Froggie to help and SPEW...he puked all over the place. I screamed for help! We changed everything and put him back in the crib as the book says and he screamed some more. He finally fell asleep after about 15 more min. but that was only 30 min. ago. I hope he sleeps some more. He's not been very friendly to be around because he's so tired during the day. He's back to taking three naps and cries if I'm more than 3 inches away from him. Poor little guy! We know it's the right thing to do and the right time to do it, but it sure seems like an awfully mean thing to do to a little guy that just wants his mommy and daddy.

No comments: