Friday, February 29, 2008

2 Weeks Old!

(I'll try to add a picture tonight or tomorrow. It's hard to catch him awake or without a boob in his mouth so pictures are sometimes hard to get!)

Today is Connor's 2 week birthday. We've definitely made a lot of progress in the last week. Connor's umbilical cord fell off yesterday. We're planning a first bath this evening. We went to the doctor for our 2 week visit. Connor has not only met his birth weight, but exceeded it by 2 ounces. He is 7 lbs 6 oz as of today and he's grown 3/4 of an inch since birth. I guess that means that all the trauma my boobs have gone through has been worth it. Connor gained an ounce a day since last week so those 16 feedings a day are worth it.

We had our first experience with projectile pooping this morning. Dave was trying to change him before our doctor appointment and each time he lifted him to put on the butt paste, he shot out some poo. On the third time it actually shot out so far that it hit the bed a foot away. It was hard to help because I was laughing pretty hard.

Today we also tried to vote. Connor couldn't make it through the line though so only Daddy got to vote while Mommy and Connor sat in the car so Connor could eat. Sorry Hillary! I had good intentions but hungry babies win every time.

Dave goes back to work on Monday and then I'll be on my own. I suppose as long as I don't have any high hopes of leaving the house, showering or eating then things should go well. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Great report. I can now add not eating breakfast while reading about such things as "projectile pooping"! Just doesn't go well with a bagel and cream cheese!

At least I can start the day with a smile because it's YOU and not me!

Warm regards,
Cher