Sunday, May 27, 2012

Team Kristi

This past Thursday I helped out with a benefit for my friend Kristi who is battling breast cancer...for the second time.

Y'all may remember the picture of Connor peeing on the fence with another little boy. That's Luke, Kristi's youngest. Luke and Connor are only a few months apart and they really have a good time when they play together.

Kristi was diagnosed with estrogen positive breast cancer two years ago. She fought a tough battle and a year later was clean. Then a year later she was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. This cancer is very fast growing and painful. She has had one mastectomy, last month, and they are hoping to do the other side soon.

It's hard to watch a friend go through something like this. Kristi is one of the kindest, funniest people I know. I love hanging out with her and try to do what I can to make life just a little easier for her these days.

This past Thursday, her friends got together to do a spaghetti benefit for her and her family. We sold tickets to the dinner, desserts ,t-shirts and had a silent auction. We had many people show up and saw some real kindness from both young and old. I am proud that I was able to participate. Hopefully we raised enough money to help with some massive medical bills.

Today I just want to remind everyone to take care of your health and not take it or your family or friends for granted. You never know what's waiting for you just around the corner.

No comments: