Friday, June 11, 2010

Evan Sleeps

It only took 5 days for Evan to sleep all night (until 5:30am) in his bed! He falls asleep nursing. I put him in his bed. He rolls over...see ya in the morning Mommy! He's even been taking naps in there. Today he wasn't so into his afternoon nap. He decided to jump back up after I put him down and he started to cry when I tried to leave the room. So I laid on the floor across the room and waited, and waited, and waited for him to finally fall asleep. It took about 30 min but he just read his books and then laid down and went to sleep. So he knows how to do it (I wish he'd remind his brother) and he'll let me be by the door now. In the next week or two I should be able to just put him in there awake and leave and he should be able to put himself to sleep! That's amazing for a kid who a little over a week ago was waking up every two hours to nurse and wouldn't sleep any where that was more than an inch away from Mommy..EVER! The Sleep Lady did it again! Why would anyone try the "cry it out" method when this one is so much less stressful for everyone...I admit there was some crying on both sides the first night, but at least we were together and I could comfort him through the whole short process. Good job Evan!

No comments: