Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lying

We've caught Connor "lying" a few times in the last few weeks and today he came up with a new one! Usually his lies have to do with Sophie. The other day he finished his sandwich and I asked him where it went and he said, "Sosie." Which ok...Sophie usually does steal his food, but not that time. Then he hit his head and said "owie". I asked him what happened and again he answered "Sosie." But today's was more complex. We had some workmen here hooking up the tv in the upstairs game room. Connor stayed downstairs but wanted to go upstairs. So he looked at me and pointed to his diaper and went to the stairs. He knew that by saying he needed his diaper changed he could go upstairs and see what the workmen were up to! That is SNEAKY! I am concerned what the teen years will be like if he can make up stories at 18 months. On the other hand...he's got to be pretty smart to lie this early. Should I be proud?

1 comment:

Steven Klass said...

Hey Guys,

I was listening to All Things Considered today and when I read this I immediately thought of NPR. You need to listen to this to get the full insight on how kids learn. It was sooo insightful..

http://public.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/totn/2009/09/20090902_totn_02.mp3?dl=1

If this doesn't work email me and I'll dig this back up but it's well worth the listen.

Steven