Friday, August 8, 2008

Missing Sophie

Yesterday I took Sophie to our friend's Laura and James house to stay during our trip. Sophie LOVES to go over there because her best friend, Molly the beagle, lives there. Molly and Sophie run and play and have a grand old time. Sophie usually sleeps for the rest of the day after coming home from Molly's house. I'm not sure what will happen when she's there for over a week.

Laura called last night and made me just listen. Sophie was "talking" to most of the dogs in the neighborhood. I mean who could blame her...she just wanted everyone to know she was there and ready to play. I guess James also tried to take her on a walk. (I requested that she weigh 5 lbs less when I come back to get her!) Laura said it was more of a drag than a walk. It seems that Sophie got tired (it's hot out...today was something like our 50th day of over 100 degree weather) and she sat down in the middle of the street.

I'm not sure what's going on there today. We have been playing phone tag all day. Maybe Sophie ate the phone! Anyway, I hope things go well there (I dying to hear the stories of the trouble she causes someone else)! We miss her here! Our house is eerily calm and quiet. Marley seems to think she's hit the mother load...wait until she realizes that if there's no Sophie then there's no family either.

Thanks Laura & James! We owe you big!

No comments: