Saturday, November 17, 2007

Poor Marley



Pictures - Not so pretty, but at least they're updated. I should be wearing moo-moo's soon!

Marley had a bad day on Thursday. She kept going to the back door to go outside, squatting for long periods of time repeatedly and then coming in and doing it again. Unfortunately, with all that work...nothing was coming out. She wouldn't lay down and barely sat. I thought we were in for another run to the emergency vet clinic. Then I was laying on the couch petting her and I heard this gushing sound. I looked down and she was standing up and TONS of red urine was coming out of her. I got her outside, but not before we had a big mess to clean up. We got everything cleaned up and let her back in. She jumped on the couch and laid down and slept. She even played a little after that. It was weird. I decided to wait and see how she felt before going to the emergency vet clinic. She seemed fine so we thought we'd just take her to the vet in the morning. So...we think and the vet thinks that she passed some kind of stone that was blocking things up. She hasn't had an accident since and her panties have even been clean. So maybe (keep your fingers crossed) that was the end of it. She's still in panties and back on antibiotics. The vet's sent another round of urine off to the lab to be tested. So we'll just have to continue to wait and see. Good news too... she hasn't lost any more weight, so hopefully that means no diabetes or anything.


On the other hand, Sophie got to have a good Friday. One of my friend's who has a 6 week old baby was not feeling well and needed me to come and watch the baby during the day so she could recover from minor surgery. So Sophie got to meet a real live baby...she stole a pacifier and a diaper and really worked hard at trying to lick baby Addie. All this happened while playing with her favorite beagle pal, Molly. Sophie had soooooo much fun. And I guess it worked out for Marley too. She got to have a nice quiet day at home without Sophie.


As for Connor, he's growing everyday! I measured my belly and it's 2 inches bigger than what the books say it should be! Oh dear! Thank goodness Daddy got a promotion this week and Mommy got approved to go half-time at work starting in January. So hopefully all this will help with the ever expanding belly and the draining energy. I must admit though that most of the pains I have been complaining about haven't been so bad in the last two weeks. Maybe there is hope for me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Marley. Maybe that stone was all it was and she's over the hump of this.

Sounds like Connor is going to be a big Kostusiak boy! Hope you're feeling OK. Glad to hear you can go half-time. That is going to be awesome! (except for the half-pay) Maybe Dave's promotion will help make up for that.

Happy Thanksgiving!