Sunday, April 12, 2009

House News

Well, we are under contract on our house! It kind of came out of the blue and is going VERY fast, but we got a fair deal...not as high as we wanted but they didn't ask for closing costs and are happy with just the refrigerator. So figuring that in, we feel it was a fair deal esp. for this market and esp. considering every single time someone came to look at our house they commented on not liking the lot and it's proximity to the main rd. We are closing on May 11, but they are giving us until May 15th to get out. WOW! I need to find a house! They are relocating from MD and need a place to live quickly so now we pass it on and need someone else to move quickly.

I have a list of houses to look at tomorrow and will hopefully narrow it down so Dave can join us at lunch to revisit the more promising ones. Hopefully we will pick one tomorrow and therefore have time to get all of our ducks in a row to move in a month. I'm very excited, but also a little panicky. The What Ifs visit me at night...when I have trouble sleeping anyway...and run round and round in my head. I know this is the right move for us and the right time, it's just all happening so fast. I had pretty much given up all hope and resolved myself to being stuck in S. Austin for another year or so, but now all this wallpaper is someone else's problem! We will never have a pirate room in our house again!

No comments: