Monday, July 4, 2011

Trying New Things???


We went to Lake Pflugerville the other day to meet some friends. Both boys refused to even put on their swim suits before we left, so I didn't have high hopes for the day. But we just let Connor do his own thing and before we knew it, he was in the water!

He had fun running up and down the water line and chasing the ducks. We may have to try this place again. Evan refused to even go near the water though. This day helped me decide that it was time for swim lessons. We start tomorrow! Connor will be in a class on his own and Evan and I will be doing Mommy and Me swim. Hopefully it works out!

We also tried going to the movie theater to see CARS 2. That didn't work out so well. Evan got bored fast and Connor only lasted a bit longer. We ended up leaving an hour into it...which was probably really 30 min into it. On the way out, Connor said it was too scary. Then when we got home they both had some stomach issues. I think the excitement plus Hawaiin punch and popcorn was just too much for them both! It's been a year since we tried the movies...guess we'll wait another year!

Funny story...tonight I was trying to review some -ap words with Connor. I only gave him 7 letters to try and control what words he spelled. He grabbed the letters and spelled crap! Which obviously wasn't in my plan and not a word I had taught him before! Dave claims he didn't either!


No comments: