Tuesday, November 9, 2010

12 Week Ultrasound

We had our 12 week ultrasound today called the First Screen. They look at the fluid on the back of the neck and pair that with info from blood work to adjust the odds of the baby having Down's Syndrome or another chromosomal defect. This is helpful because at 38 my odds of having a baby with a problem is 1:150 or so, so this can help us to decide if we want more testing or not. The fluid levels looked low and that's what we want. We will get the full adjusted odds within the week hopefully. While we were there we convinced the lady to take a "look" to see if she could see anything. She said that they've done an in house study and at 12 weeks they've discovered that they're right 70% of the time. (She also said don't tell her boss that she looked!) Anyway, it was pretty obvious that it was a boy! We will not know for sure until the 20 week ultrasound, but I'm pretty much giving up hope of it being a girl. I'll just have to hope my sister has girls so I can buy strawberry and watermelon clothes for them! Now we have to come up with another boy name! I've used all the ones I liked and am fresh out!

Connor got his school pictures back today and they were actually really good. He's getting so big. I was telling a friend yesterday that he's very trustworthy these days and then while I was making dinner tonight he took a blue pen and wrote all over the refrigerator and pantry doors. So much for that!

No comments: