Thursday, July 8, 2010

How To Train Your Dragon



Aunt Mary Ann came for a meeting for work so we got to spend Monday with her. We went to a favorite Mexican restaurant where Connor's lunch came with french fries. When no one was looking, Evan stole one and had it in his mouth. Poor Connor was 15 months old before I let him have a french fry and Evan, being the sneaky little brother, got his first fry at 9 months!

After that we attempted to go to the discount movies to see How To Train Your Dragon, but it was sold out. So we tried Toy Story 3 and it was sold out. We gave up and went home and forced Aunt Mary Ann to sign up for Match.com! We figured it worked for us, she should try it too!

Then on Tues. the boys and I decided to try to see How To Train Your Dragon again. A mom from our group and her boys met us there...thank goodness! As soon as we got in I discovered Connor had left me a present in his diaper. Then about half way through the movie, which was very cute, Evan started to throw a fit and threw his head backwards and got it caught between the seats. He started screaming and I had to pull it out quickly. I jumped up to go and walk him to get him to settle down. Connor thought that meant it was time to get up. He decided to take his own private tour of the movie theater. He ran up to the front and back again. I had to drag him out twice and threaten to leave. The lady sitting behind us felt so bad for me that she gave me her candy to try and lure him back to our seats...didn't work. I ate the candy. Finally he asked for popcorn and I knew that our friends still had some. That got him to sit in his seat again until almost the end. It was a lot of work! Not sure I'll be trying that one again on my own! But Marmaduke is coming out soon so who knows.

Have I mentioned that Connor hates to sit in the car seat? At least once each trip he screams out "I suck!" which to him means "I'm stuck!" but is really funny to us. And his favorite new toy is his "gay" [gray] dolphin. He lost it the other day and I told everyone to send up a rainbow if they found it. Dave said he must be at "Oilspill" Harry's (local gay bar called Oilcan Harry's but with the recent oilspill we thought this play on words was funny.)

Evan is 9.5 months and still has no teeth but eats a surprising amount of table food. He is cruising furniture and has discovered cabinets. He hasn't been sleeping very well lately (and so neither have I). He's pretty much nursing from 3:30-6:30am. I tried to let him cry it out with me sitting there to calm him around 11pm last night, but he just got really pissed and screamed at me for about 30 min. He is a Momma's boy and wants his Mommy all-the-time!

I have officially lost all the baby weight! It's not in the same places any more so I look different and my clothes still don't all fit, but I'm on the right track. I need to get back into running a little and upping my exercise and hopefully that will help.

We got a new dishwasher yesterday. The installer refused to install it though because of some stuff about the water line going through the wall. So Dave had to do it when he got home...which really pissed him off. Our house was not a happy place last night, but did I mention it's a NEW dishwasher?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning to not have coffee in my mouth!
What happened to Froggie?
Cher